Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teach-Me Tuesday!

Every Tuesday I post some sort of 'inspirational gospel quote' on Instagram, so I figured, why not on here?
(P.S. If you have no idea what the LDS church is, or what a mission is, go here and it will answer all of your questions, and feel free to comment any questions also)



"Reach out with love to share the truths of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ... It is impossible for us to fail when we do our best when we are on the Lord's Errand." - M. Russel Ballard, Oct 2013
 I am seriously SO excited to be able to serve an LDS mission in 3 years!!! (I know its a ways away, but still!) Just in the past 3 weeks, 7 people I know have gotten their mission calls!!! I'm so happy for them and I know that this quote will be so true for them! 

So I follow a page on Facebook called "Many are called... but few are sisters", and soon-to-be sister missionaries (or RMs) post their calls and share advice on different things for the missions, or share their stories from their missions (its pretty cool. HERE is the link). Anyway, one sister shared her story and I thought it was pretty cool (I'm just going to paraphrase it) : So this girl got her call a while ago, and she had already gone on her mission for a few months when she got really really sick and had to come home to get better. They said that if she wanted to go back out, she would have to have a 'modified mission' (meaning no proselyting. Like working in the visitors center all the time) Once the doctors told her she was ready, she told the Brethren, and they actually reassigned her to a different mission, but it was a proselyting mission! After she told her story, she bore her testimony, and it really touched me. Her faith in Christ is incredible. She knows without a doubt that God will help her through it, and she will be able to teach and serve a successful mission. I don't even know her at all, but I am so grateful for her example! I know that God will help us at all times, and especially when we are doing His will and His work :)


"We were not placed on this earth to walk alone." - Thomas S. Monson, 2013 RF 
Again, I know that our Heavenly Father will never EVER desert us. He loves us! We were sent here to learn and then return back to Him with a fuller knowledge. He will ALWAYS be there for us, through the good times and the bad. Christ also gave us the wonderful Atonement. He not only suffered for our sins, but also for every hard trial, challenge, or pain that we will experience. He knows what we're going through, with a first-hand experience. And because He knows what we're going through, He will also ALWAYS be there for us. He and our Heavenly Father are our biggest fans and are always there for us, cheering us on  a l l  t h e  t i m e

I love these two pictures!! I'm so grateful that we have latter day prophets and revelators that give us counsel straight from God. I'm so excited to hear from them again in the upcoming General Conference!! (just a few more weeks!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment